FREE - No Out of Pocket Costs!
We Receive Payments for Tretment When Your Case is Resolved!
While not every auto accident results in injury, it's much more common than people realize. Almost 2 million people are injured in car crashes each year, with damage ranging from minor to fatal. Most victims end up walking away from their accidents, but at Relief & Rehab Center of Atlanta, we see patients with injuries that can show up days after the crash. Even if you don't think you've suffered a major injury, it's important to be checked out by a health professional after an auto accident. Beginning treatment right away can ease your recovery and prevent further damage to your body.
Most Common Injuries From Auto Accidents
Whiplash is the most well-known of all car accident injuries. When a car is hit, the head can quickly whip forward, and then backward, hyper-extending the spinal column. The injury from whiplash can vary from person to person, but most suffer from general swelling and neck pain. Whiplash can also cause shoulder pain, headaches, and even problems with the vocal chords.The trauma from an auto accident can cause damage to many other parts of the body. Some of the most common are:
- Blunt force trauma to the chest area from the body striking the steering wheel. This can cause damage to internal organs, broken ribs, and even heart problems.
- Back injuries can cause damage to the spinal cord. This can result in loss of feeling in arms and legs or the inability to walk. Herniated disks are also common in car crashes, which can cause muscle weakness, leg or arm pain, or tingling, numb extremities.
- Limb damage is common in many auto accidents. Arms and legs can be broken, elbows and knees are frequently injured, and many accident victims suffer shoulder problems due to severe wrenching done by seat belts locking up.
How Can a Chiropractor Help After an Auto Accident?
The first, and possibly most important, way your chiropractor can help after an auto accident is by giving you a thorough physical examination. Our auto accident injury chiropractor will take x-rays, use other diagnostic tools as needed, and give you a thorough exam to find out the extent of your injuries. Once our doctor knows the range of damage done, he'll design a personalized plan of approach to help you.
Chiropractic care is designed to allow the body's natural healing process work faster and more efficiently. Our doctor will use a variety of techniques to aid in that healing, including:
- Spinal manipulation
- Lumbar disc decompression
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Hot and cold therapy
- Therapeutic massage
- Prescribed exercise
- Ultrasound therapy
Looking for an Auto Accident Injury Chiropractor?
Even if you aren't in pain immediately after an auto accident, it's important to be examined by a licensed professional. We also work closely with the top accident injury attorneys throughout the state of Georgia. We can help you find an attorney that will work with you and get you the best representation possible.
At Relief Rehab Center of Atlanta, our caring, professional team is here to help. Call our office for an appointment today at (404) 766-0676, and we'll start you on the road to a real healing experience.