Although headaches and migraines occur because of a variety of reasons, most recurrent headaches can be treated with the help of chiropractic treatment. Dr. Michael Thomas, our local College Park chiropractor, can provide chiropractic treatments for headaches and migraines to help restore your quality of life.
Tension headaches are the most common, affecting almost 75% of all headache sufferers. Characteristics of a tension can include:
- A constant dull, achy pain on one or both sides of the head that is often described the feeling of a tight band or dull ache behind the eyes or around the head or.
- Usually begin slowly and gradually.
- May last for minutes or days
- Tend to begin in the middle or near the end of the day.
Tension headaches can last from 30 minutes to several days and chronic stress headaches can at times persist for many months. Though these headaches can be severe they are generally not accompanied by other symptoms, such as throbbing, nausea, or vomiting.
Three-fourths of migraine sufferers are women. Some people experience an attack several times per month, while others go as long as a year before being hit by another migraine. Characteristics of a migraine may include:
- Intense and throbbing pain
- Nausea and sensitivity to noise or light
- Preceded by a visual symptom called "aura"
Clusters are intense “blinding” headaches that are generally brief in duration and felt behind the eyes on one side of the head. Unlike migraines, cluster headaches are much more likely to be seen in men.
Common causes of Chronic Headaches and Migraines
- Stress - is often a trigger but certain odors, foods, changes in weather, and menstrual periods are also some of the factors that can trigger a cluster headache.
- Emotional Factors - anxiety, depression, and frustration can be associated with developing a headache.
- Repeated Exposure to Nitrite Compounds - Nitrite dilates blood vessels and can be found in everything from heart medicine to sodium nitrate used to preserve meat such as hot dogs.
Our College Park Chiropractor Can Help Manage and Treat Headaches and Migraines
Our chiropractic techniques use the strength of your own body's natural healing abilities to help relieve chronic pain from conditions such as tension and migraine headaches. To learn more about chiropractic treatment for headaches and migraines, call our trusted and experienced College Park chiropractor at (404) 766-0676. The entire staff at Relief & Rehab Center of Atlanta encourages you to call for an appointment to find relief for your headache.